Hi! Do like Carrot Cake? Me too. It's one of my favorite treats. Especially in personal cake cupcake form. I have a little confession to make. I made the Carrot Cake Cupcakes from scratch but to save time, I used a can of Cream Cheese frosting to top them off. These cupcakes weren't 100% homemade but they're still really delicious.
- An 8-oz can of crushed pineapple + pineapple liquid
- About 3/4 cup of grated carrots
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbl oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
Makes approximately 2 dozen cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use cupcake pans and liners or spray cupcake pans with baking spray
2. Separate the pineapple from the liquid in the can. Mix pineapple, 3 tbs of pineapple liquid and grated carrots
3. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir.
4. Add sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla to flour mixture. Stir until blended. Add the carrot-pineapple mixture and blend.
5. Spoon mix into cupcake pan, filling about 3/4 full
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
7. Frost with Cream Cheese frosting. Yum!
Recipe by Rivky Koenig.
Speaking of treats, I have a visual treat to share with you tomorrow.
Art by Pamela Holderman
I got to interview a very talented artist and friend, Pamela Holderman. I'll be posting our "chat" tomorrow for Behind the Blog. Get set for some insight and inspiration… BIG Hug! Malia