Pretty Peppermint Scrub

Hi, I recently got the chance to guest post over at Free Pretty Things for You. I had a lot of fun playing with some of Keren’s vintage graphics… and some Epsom Salt!

Peppermint Scrub Gift

I adore Keren’s amazing freebies and with Christmas coming up, I thought it would be fun to make a homemade Peppermint Scrub gift using some of the darling clip art from FPTFY.

PS1

Supplies: A widemouthed glass container, Epsom Salt, grapeseed oil, and peppermint oil, a craft stick or bamboo spoon, small rubber stamps and black Stayz-Oz ink.

ChristmasreindeerredChristmaslabelsred

You can find these fun Vintage Reindeer printables in red or green here.

Grab a rectangle for a label and a circle for the lid.

To make the scrub, mix the following ingredients:

Ingredients

3 1/2 cups Epsom Salt

1 cup grapeseed oil

30+ drops of peppermint essential oil

Directions

PS2Place the Epsom salt in a bowl and mix with grapeseed oil, making sure it’s saturated but not oversaturated with the grapeseed oil.

PS3Scent with essential oil

PS4Stamp “Peppermint Scrub” on the cute rectangle label, “For You” on the circle, and the phrase “Ho Ho Ho” on the craft stick or spoon.

PS6
You can also use leftover scrapbook paper. I punched circles from some happy holiday paper and added the reindeer circle on top. To make the ruffle I sewed some crepe paper together. Double sided tape works well to affix the papers to the jar.

PS7

Peppermint Scrub GiftJust add a bow and maybe a jingle bell for fun.

Peppermint Scrub Gift

There’s a little holiday gift cheer! Thanks to Keren and FPTFY for the a-deer-able graphics.

Signature

Join The Discussion

CommentLuv badge

Comments

1. 1

Kristin says

I LOVE THIS! So much fun! I am going to have to use your inspiration this Christmas!

2. 2

Maria says

oh how wonderfuL!!!!!!!!! what a lovely gift this would make! :D Love it! Have a lovely week!!! :D
    maria

3. 3
  4. 4

This is so cute – and such a great gift!! Thanks Malia!!

5. 5

keren says

Malia Darling,
    I cant thank you enough for being my guest!!
    Cant wait to have you back!!! That is if you want
    to :)
    Big Hugs!
    Keren

6. 6

I am so going to try this.
    But can I also say, I just LOVE that you are using Jadite bowls in your photos! <3
    Such a great gift! Thanks

7. 7

Julie M. says

Mmmm…. I can almost smell these salts from North Carolina! A perfect holiday gift!

8. 8

sally says

Thanks for sharing! What a great idea! I’m your newest follower from the blog hop. I’d love you to stop by my blog & follow along too!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

9. 9

Oooh wow I’m definately going to make some this christmas for the ladies of the family.
    Visiting from welcome wednesday blog hop x

10. 10

What an absolutely adorable gift….I want some! ; )

11. 11

I so love this gorgeous gift idea ! Thanks for sharing and by the way I have only just stumbled across your blog and it’s lovely !

12. 12

marissa says

I love this and it turned out uper cute! I’d love it if you linked up at my party at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

13. 13

Kim,USA says

This is very cute for a gift. Where did you buy all the ingredients except the epsom salt?
    Blue Dish

14. 14

What a wonderful gift idea. The packaging alone is a gift! Thanks for sharing at this week’s BFF Open House!

15. 15

Kerryanne says

Great gift idea.
    I’d love it if you could share this at my Simply Christmas Inspiration Party at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/11/yay.html

16. 16

Linda Cramer says

I received this from my daughter for Christmas and I love it!