Hi Friends! We had a very busy weekend here, celebrating Mia's 7th Birthday. Mia wanted a Mercy Watson themed party. Not familiar with Mercy Watson? It's a charming series of books about a pig who loves eating hot buttered toast.
Mercy Watson is not a character where there is a bunch of products out on the market… which I kind of love. So Mia and I had to get creative. Because Mercy seems to be into breakfast food, we decided to serve our birthday party guests breakfast for dinner and instead of birthday cake, the grand finale was Mini Birthday PanCAKES… little cakes that look just like pancakes.
Ingredients for the Mini PanCAKES: 2 cups of pancake mix, 2 cups of of yellow cake mix, 6 tablespoons of sprinkles, 2 1/2 cups of milk, 3 tablespoons of vanilla extract, 4 eggs, egg rings, Pam, a frying can or griddle. Also helpful– something to pour the batter like a measuring cup with a spout and metal tongs.
Mini PanCAKES – Makes approx 20
1. Set griddle to 250 degrees, spray griddle and egg rings with Pam. Set egg rings on griddle.
2. Mix all ingredients together. Transfer some to a measuring cup with a spout.
2. Pour just enough batter to fill the cup. The batter will rise so you don't want it too full.
3. After about 4-5 minutes the batter will set and you can remove the cake ring with metal tongs.
4. Flip pancakes over until both side are golden brown.
Tip: Unlike regular pancakes, these panCAKES will stay good (more like a cake) so you can make them ahead of time.
Then right before you serve 'em… you can frost 'em!
2 cups of powdered sugar (sift first)
1/2 cup of milk (tip: use 2%)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix ingredients together, adding more milk if needed. Use large spoon to drizzle over mini cakes. Throw some sprinkles on top to cute-ify.