What’s St. Patrick’s Day without some SWEET TREATS? Here are five sweet and simple treats you can create to celebrate St. Patty’s Day. Whether you bake them up for a class party or for family or friends, these are yummy desserts that you’ll have fun making.
- 1/8 cup of sprinkles (shamrocks sprinkles are fun),
- 1/4 cup broken pretzels,
- 1/2 cup marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal,
- 18 oz (approximately 1 1/2 bags) of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Chips,
- a 9 x 9 baking dish and parchment paper.
- Line the baking dish with the parchment paper.
- Put the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 1-minute intervals, stirring each time until chips are melted (a rubber spatula does the trick).
- Pour melted chocolate into lined baking dish, and smooth over with rubber spatula to make as flat as possible.
- Add pretzels, marshmallows and sprinkles on top and gently push into chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
SHAMROCK SURPRISE TREATS
- 6 T butter,
- 10 cups mini marshmallows,
- 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal,
- green food coloring,
- shamrock cookie cutter,
- Pam cooking spray and
- two 13 x 9 pans
- Spray both the baking pans, rubber spatula and the cookie cutter.
- Microwave the butter until melted.
- Put the marshmallows in a large, microwave safe bowl, add the butter and microwave until melted– mine was a minute and 15 seconds.
- Stir it well, adding a few drops of green food coloring.
- Coat the cereal well and spread in pans.
- Cut out the shamrocks.
Cut out as many shamrocks as possible. I got 24 total shamrocks. Here’s the FUN part:
Place some MNM’s on top of one shamrock and put another shamrock on top, making a secret shamrock sandwich!
ST. PATTY’S PRETZEL TREATS
- Small square pretzels,
- chocolate Hersey’s kisses,
- green MNM’s and
- a cookie sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place a chocolate kiss on top of each pretzels.
- Pop in the oven for a few minutes until kiss starts to melt.
- Remove from oven and add a green MNM on top.
MINT OREO BROWNIE PUSH POPS
- Brownie Mix,
- White Frosting,
- Green Food Coloring,
- OREOS (12),
- Peppermint Extract (1/2 tsp),
- Nordic Ware Push Pop Desert Maker Kit,
- 2 large Ziploc bags.
- Make brownies according to package.
- Use one of the push pops to cut the circles out.Grab the cookie parts of 12 OREOS. Scrape the frosting off as much as possible. Place in a large Ziploc bag and crush with the bottom of a glass until you have OREO crumbs.It will make 1 cup of crumbs.
- Mix green food coloring into frosting until you get desired color. I use 4 healthy squirts. Then add 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract.
- Combine with crumbs.
- Mix well.
- Put frosting in a large Ziploc bag and snip off the end with scissors. Layer brownie and frosting in push pop containers.
ST. PAT’S ICE CREAM CONE CUPCAKES
- To make the cupcakes, 1 package of cake mix (whatever favor you like) and 24 small flat bottom ice cream cones.
- To make the “top”: 1 tub chocolate frosting, 18 crushed OREOS for dirt (only the black part), XTremes Rainbow Berry Sour Candy (for the rainbow) and gold coin candy. You can also add a Shamrock pick to make them even more festive.
- Follow the cupcake directions on the cake package (adding eggs, oil and water).
- Spoon into the ice cream cones, stopping about 1 inch from the top of the cone.
- Place cones in a cupcake tin to keep them straight and pop them in the oven.
- Follow baking directions on box.
- After your “cone cakes” cool off, spread a layer of chocolate frosting on top.
- Gently dip the cone cakes into the OREO crumbs.
- Then add rainbow candy on top and tuck gold coin candy in on the side.
- Add shamrock picks if desired.
For a FREE MEGA Set of St. Patrick’s Day Printables by Printabelle (http://www.printabelle.com) for Yesterday On Tuesday:
1. Click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27508477@N05/sets/72157632857824415/
2. Open the printable you want.
3. Click Actions
4. Scroll down to “View All Sizes”
5. Select “Large”
6. Save to your computer