Fall Flower Pots
Don’t stow away those summer flower pots! You can create GORGEOUS fall themed flower pots that will look lovely gracing your front doorstep.
Supplies: Flower Pots, Spray Paint (I used Design Master spray paint in Olive Bright, Orange and Yellow). You’ll also need Halloween or Fall themed vinyl. I used images from Decorating Your Life. It’s also helpful to have a piece of sandpaper on hand, in case you need correct any extra paint “oopseys.”
Spray Paint the flower pots. Here are a few tips.
Spray Painting Tips
1. If you turn the pots upside down, you’ll get a nice clean look
2. If any paint happens to get on the rim of the pot, lightly rub the area with sandpaper to get rid of the paint.
3. It’s important to follow the directions on the can and if it says to shake the can for 3 minutes before spraying– do it! You’ll be glad when you get a great result.
4. Wear gloves and a face mask for when spray painting.
5. Wipe the nozzle clean after each spray to help prevent the dreaded dips. If you do get a drip, immediately tap the area with your (gloved) finger. You can cover it up with your next coat of spray paint.
6. If you do a lot of spray painting, it may be worth it to invest in a painter’s drop cloth. I use mine over and over and over… you get the idea.
After the paint is dry, apply vinyl.
Add some gorgeous flowers like gerbera daisies, pansies or violas.
Sharing at Uncommon Designs, Craft-o-Maniac, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Kathe with an E, The Girl Creative, Domestically Speaking, Live Laugh Rowe, Thirty Handmade Days, Carolyn’s Homework, Tatertots and Jello, Shaken Together Life, Flamingo Toes, Food Folks and Fun, Little Miss Celebration and The Cards We Drew.