Last Minute Halloween Party Ideas
Catch these ideas LIVE on Seattle’s KOMO-TV at 4pm on Monday Oct 27th
Planning a last minute Halloween Party? There’s no reason to be spooked! Here are some festive and easy Halloween Party Ideas that your ghouls– I mean guests– will love!
Halloween Candy Jars
Supplies: Glass jars of varying sizes, vinyl jack o’lantern from Decorating Your Life. Spells vinyl and scull and crossbones vinyl, candy corn and sixlets candy. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Instructions: Apply vinyl and fill with candy!
Shrunken Head Candy Holders
Supplies: Skull candy cups, 1 roll of black tulle, orange raffia or orange and white baker’s twine, sixlets candy. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Cut two 18″ strips of tulle for every shrunken head you’re making
2. Cut 36″ of the raffia or string and fold it into a 6″ long length.
3. Lay one strip on top of another strip in a cross pattern.
4. Pour candy into skull cap and place in center of the two strips with tulle.
5. Fold the strips of tulle up over the skull, gathering and tucking in the folds.
6. Wrap the folded string around the tulle and tie into a knot.
Supplies: Open back black frame, 11″ x 14″ Artist Panel, “BOO” Vinyl, branch vinyl, bat vinyl and raven vinyl. Small white and one orange adhesive rhinestones. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Following directions on package, adhere large “Boo” vinyl to the middle of the panel.
2. Do the same for the branches, raven and bat.
3. Place adhesive rhinestones to make eyes on critters.
Glass Bottle Witch
Supplies: Witch set from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Directions: Slide witch skirt on a glass bottle and top with witch hat.
Creepy Crawly Favors
Supplies: Small plastic tubes, large pom poms, chenille stems, googly eyes and glue. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Fill tubes with sixlets candy.
2. Glue a large pom pom on lid.
3. Glue googly eyes on pom pom.
4. Cut chenille stems in half.
5. Glue stems to top of tube to make “legs.”
6. Cut two 1″ pieces of pipe cleaners and add a small pom pom on end.
7. Glue stems to large pom pom.
Lighted Glass Bottles
Supplies: Glass Bottles, firefly lights (we used purple and green strings), batteries. Halloween labels from Martha Stewart Crafts. Glue dots or double sided tape, black tulle. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Directions: Apply fun labels with glue dots or tape. Add lights. If desired, add a black tulle bow.
Party Straws and Bags
Supplies: Striped Straws and chevron bags. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Give your party a polished look with striped straws, chevron bags and felt spiderweb table toppers.