Pilgrim Hat Placeholders
Make these cute Pilgrim Hat Placeholders for your Thanksgiving feast.
Thanksgiving is a special time for gathering with family and friends. As you get your home ready and refrigerator stocked, you can enlist your little helpers to get the table ready. Not only does it take some of the pressure off you, it makes for a sweet tablescape, whether it’s the kid’s table or any table.
Supplies: Small flower pots, chalkboard paint or black acrylic paint. Colorful paint for the hat bands (I used Country Red, Bright Orange, Cabana Blue and Bright Yellow from DecoArt), black scrapbook or contruction paper, yellow scrapbook or construction paper, scissors, craft glue, and a Bistro Chalk Marker, chalk or paint pen in white. You’ll also need a template for the brim of the hat. A large mug will work great. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Paint the flower pots with chalkboard paint or black paint and let dry.
2. Trace the top of a wide brimmed coffee mug on black paper and cut out to make hat brim.
3. Paint lower section of flower pots a bright color.
4. Cut small squares of yellow paper. Gently fold in half and cut out a square shape in center to make buckles.
5. Glue brims of hats and buckles on.
6.Write names in chalk or pen.
I’ve created all sorts of fun Thanksgiving Crafts for kids and adults. Check them out for inspiration.