Shabby Chic Mason Jar Vase
You can upgrade a plain Mason Jar into a Shabby Chic Mason Jar Vase, perfect for displaying spring blooms!
Supplies: Mason Jar, 1 yard of wide floral ribbon, 1/4 yard of lace ribbon, hot glue. Supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames Redmond.
1. Cut 12 inches from the floral ribbon and set aside.
2. With the remaining (24 inch) length of floral ribbon, make pleats in a circular motion, gluing each pleat down as you go.
3. You’ll end up with a circle. Trim if desired.
4. Take the remaining 12 inches of floral ribbon and cut it in half lengthwise.
5. Fold one piece in half lengthwise and start roll it, adding a drop of hot glue every once in awhile.
6. Fold the final remaining piece of floral ribbon in half.
7. Wrap that ribbon around the “rose” you created, add dabs of glue as you go.
8. Glue rose in the middle of the flower you created.
9. Cut a piece of lace around the Mason Jar.
10. Glue the “flower” on top of the lace ribbon.