You’re a Classic Birthday Card
Hello Yesterday On Tuesday readers. I’d like to thank Malia for having me fill in for her today. My name is Kelly and I blog as Simply Kelly Designs. I am happy to be here and share this eye-catching birthday card. My husband’s Grandpop drove a cherry red convertible in his youth and he still talks of it fondly. In a tribute to his classic convertible, I made Grandpop a You’re A Classic birthday card. To make the car shine bright, I used cherry red glittery vinyl instead of regular red paper.
- classic car Silhouette Studio file
- Silhouette Portrait
- Silhouette mat
- Silhouette hook tool
- Cricut transfer paper
- credit card or similar
- 1 8.5×11 sheet of white cardstock
- 4×12 piece of Brookie premium vinyl in cherry red
1. Use the Silhouette and mat to cut out the card base in the white cardstock. Then use the Silhouette and mat to cut out the car using the cherry red vinyl.
2. Use the Silhouette hook tool to weed the vinyl so only the card design remains on the vinyl backing sheet.
3. Cut a piece of transfer tape a little bigger than the size of the car design. Remove the backing from the transfer tape. Apply the sticky side of the transfer paper to the vinyl sheet and smooth it down with a credit card.
4. Peel the transfer paper off and make sure it also removes the vinyl from the vinyl backing sheet. The back of this vinyl is silver. Using the transfer paper guarantees that the design will be spaced properly on the card.
5. Smooth the transfer paper (with vinyl) onto the cardstock card base. Smooth it down with a credit card. Then carefully peel off the transfer paper leaving the vinyl on the white cardstock.
The You’re A Classic card now looks road worthy.
Were were happy to hand deliver Grandpop’s You’re A Classic birthday card. He loved it. If you liked this birthday card, you can see my other paper crafting projects, Silhouette projects and digital scrapbook designs on my Simply Kelly Designs blog. You can also connect with me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter. Happy crafting!