This post is sponsored by Expressionery. All words and ideas are my own. Scroll down for the video.
Easy Holiday Treat Ideas
Nothing says “holiday” like a festive card and a sweet holiday treat like Peppermint Bark! These Joy Peace Love Merry Holiday Cards from Expressionery capture holiday cheer on paper. When you hand deliver them with some homemade holiday bark, you’re just to make someone’s holiday a happy one.
12 oz package of Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers, 11 oz package of Ghiradelli Classic White Chips, 20 mini candy canes (crushed), 2 tsp vegetable oil (separated), 1 teaspoon peppermint
1. Line a baking dish or cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the dark melting wafers, stirring at 1 minute
intervals (Helpful Tip: Spray a plastic spatula with cooking spray to stir melting chocolate).
3. After wafers are melted, stir in the oil and the peppermint extract.
4. Pour mixture onto wax paper and even out as much as possible.
5. Pop in fridge for 1 hour
6. Repeat with white chips.
7. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
8. Place in fridge for one more hour.
8. Break up the bark and package it for gift giving and/or serve!
How adorable is this card?
Wouldn’t this be a fun gift idea? Ready for another sweet treat?
Mini Wreath Donuts
Paired with the Merry Wreath Stamp, these little wreath donuts make the perfect gift for friends, neighbors and teachers!
This recipe makes 24 Mini Wreath Donuts.
2½ cups cake flour sifted
1 cup granulated sugar
2½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1½ teaspoons salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs lightly beaten
3 tablespoons butter, melted
½ tsp of vanilla extract
green food coloring (I used Wilton Gel Food Colors in Green) & icing (optional: holiday candies)
mini doughnut pan
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Spray doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder cinnamon and salt
4. Add buttermilk, eggs and butter and stir until just combined
5. Mix in vanilla extract
6. Add 5-7 drops of green gel food dye, make sure batter is will mixed
7. Fill each doughnut cup approximately ½ way full
8. Bake 10 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back.
9. Finish with a dab of icing and candy
10. Gather your supplies including the Merry Wreath Stamp, green card stock, 1 1 3/4 inch circle punch, a wide mouth glass jar, red twine and a hole punch.
11. Stamp the wreath and use the circle punch to punch it out. Punch a hole in it and string some twine through it.
Go ahead… grab a treat!