Scrumptious Irish Coffee Popcorn
If you’re a coffee lover, a popcorn fan or (like me) BOTH, you are going to love this Irish Coffee Popcorn! After I made it, the kitchen smelled like fresh popcorn and hot coffee. In other words, it smelled delicious.
Ingredients: 12 cups of popped popcorn, 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup of butter), 1 cup of sugar, 6 tablespoons of Light Corn Syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, 10 drops of green food coloring, 1/2 cup of Light Cocoa Candy Melts, 1/2 cup of Irish Cream Candy Melts, sprinkles or nonpareils.
1. Preheat oven to 250 and spray two cookie sheets with Pam or other cooking spray.
2. Pop 4 quarts of popcorn. Helpful tip: There are 4 cups in every quart, so 4 quarts is = 12 cups. Place popcorn in a large bowl.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar, the corn syrup and a pinch of salt. Let it come to a boil (keep stirring).
4. Bring the heat down and continue stirring for five more minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and food coloring. Stir well.
6. Pour mixture on popcorn.
7. Bake popcorn on cookies sheets in oven at 250 degrees for 20 minutes.
8. Remove the popcorn from the oven. Melt 1/2 each of the cocoa candy melts and the irish cream coffee melts.
9. Quickly pour over popcorn and sprinkle with nonpareils.
This would make a fabulous springtime treat or it would be fun to watch with a fun Irishy movie like Far and Away, P.S. I Love You or The Departed.