7 Gorgeous Ways to Reuse Glass Candle Holders
I have had a new favorite candle for a few months now. They smell amazing, burn forever, and after the candle’s flame has flickered out… you’ve have a gorgeous glass candle holder to reuse! Here are Seven Ways to Reuse Glass Candle Holders.
My local Bartells stocks the Beach Sage, French Lavender and Vanilla Bean scents of these Method Scented Soy Candles. I have been saving all the containers as I enjoy the candles… so far I have five. I wanted to think of creative ways to reuse the glass. The shades are so beautiful!
How to Remove the Candle Wax
Before putting these beauties to work, you have to remove the candle wick and extra wax.
What works best for me is to put a cup of water in the microwave and warm it up (not boiling). Then I pour the hot water into the glass candle holder and voila– all the extra wax will float to the top. It also makes it easy to loosen the wick with salad tongs.
This is the “before”…
And the “after!” Here are a few fun ways to reuse the candle holders.
1. Flower Vase: Fill the container with some rocks to anchor flower stems. You can also decorate it with some bling, like this silver sticker sheet from Michaels. Just trim it down to the size you need.
2. Eyeglass Holder: I am always looking for my readers, which is sad because I need a pair of readers to see close up! Just add some letter stickers and now your glasses have a home!
3. Desk Organizer: It’s so much easier to find supplies when they aren’t in a drawer. Corral washi tape, pencils, whatever(!) in matching glass cubes.
4. Photo Display: Print out a favorite photo on white paper, trim it down and use double sided tape to adhere it to one side of the candle holder. Add a flameless candle inside to give the photo a lovely glow.
5. Bathroom Organizers: Keep puffs and swabs handy with a couple of the cubes. Use white letter stickers to keep things organized.
6. Succulent Planter: The candle holders are such pretty hues, and they are the perfect size for small plants like succulents. Add a layer of rocks for drainage, then dirt and the plant. You can also glue a little bit of burlap on for dimension.
7. Beachy Candle: Hot glue a little piece of rope and a small starfish, then fill the cube with sand an a small candle to transform a plain glass candle holder into a beachy candle holder.
If you love upcycling as much as I do, you’ll want to check out this post:
Do you have any great tips on upcycling something? Tell me about it in the comments!