Denim Jacket to Studded Vest
If you have a denim jacket that’s too small or stained– or if you’re just looking to get a new use out of an older piece, this project is for you.
This is a great idea for kids and adults!
We got this denim jacket at the thrift store. There were some stains on one of the arms (which weren’t too bad) but they made this the perfect piece for this project.
Supplies: denim jacket, scissors, studs and flair (pins) are optional.
1. Turn the jacket inside out.
2. Line up the seams on one of the arms and cut off the arm material. Turn it right side out.
3. Do the other side.
4. Push some studs in the materials on the collar.
I just made a live of seven silver studs on each side.
5. Push the studs through and then use tweezers to push the sharp pieces in.
6. Add some flair (aka pins) if desired.
The entire process too about fifteen minutes and my daughter loved the rock-chic results.
More Fashion Upcycles and Knockoffs
DIY Polka Dot Sneakers (Kate Spade knockoff)