Valentine’s Day Gift: Succulent Labels and Tags
Here’s a sweet Valentine’s Day Gift– succulent labels and tags for friends, teachers and loved ones! I’ve created some super cute chalkboard tags for you. I hope you like them, they make me smile.
This post contains affiliate links.
Succulents started becoming popular a few years ago and there’s no sign of that popularity slowing down. They’re inexpensive and easy to take care of. For someone who struggles with keeping plants healthy (like me) they are the perfect way to add some life and color to the home. Plus they make great gifts!
Kerr Regular Mouth Half Pint Sized Mason Jars (I used Kerr for this project because there’s a smooth side, making it easier to attach the label, but Ball brand would work great too).
1. Remove the lids from the jars and paint the bands True Red.
2. Add an inch or two of rocks and then add dirt to the jars.
3. Download and print the labels and tags.
You have options for cutting out the labels You can use a 3″ Scallop Circle Punch, or a regular 3″ Circle Punch. If you don’t have with of those, use a drinking glass to trace the circle shape and cut it out.
4. Add the band before you add the succulent.
5. Cut out the tags and attach everything with Glue Dots (or double sided tape). I also punched a little whole in the tag and use baker’s twine to secure it.
By the way, the book in these photos “The Power of Positive Thinking” is a special one to me. It’s a first edition belonging to my great grandmother Louise, who I never met. I have read and re-read this book many times and I always learn something new. It was one of the first “self-help” books.
I love giving and getting simple Valentine’s Day gifts.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Here are a couple other recent Valentine’s Day Posts: