Awesome Handmade Dad’s Day Gifts
Father’s Day is next weekend, so now’s the perfect time for Awesome Handmade Dad’s Day Gifts. Here are some fun presents the kids can make!
All supplies are from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Supplies: wood frame, black acrylic paint, white pain pen, scrapbook paper with state shapes, glue, heart stickers.
1. Paint frame black
2. Use paint pin to make dotted lines and hearts
3. Cut out state shapes and glue them to the frame
4. Add heart stickers
Wooden Dad Plaque
Supplies: wood slice, orange acrylic paint, cream acrylic paint, google eye, blue paint pen, black paint pen, black chenille stem and craft glue.
1. Paint plaque cream.
2. Make wave design with blue paint pen.
3. Paint kid’s hand with orange paint and add to plaque.
4. Glue on googly eye.
5. Trim chenille stem and bend to make hook shape.
6. Glue chenille stem on.
7. Write #1 Dad… That’s no fish story.
Supplies: cement letters, masking tape, DecorArt Metallic Paint
Instructions: Tape off letters and paint them using the photo as a guide
Best Dad in the World Chalkboard
Supplies: Americana Clear Chalkboard Coating, globe chipboard, blue acrylic paint, brown acrylic paint, white chalk and masking tape.
1. Tape off the circle area and paint it blue
2. After that paint is dry, tape off the “base” and paint it brown
3. After all paint is dry, add two coats of Americana Clear Chalkboard Coating on the blue area (one horizontal and one vertical). Let it cure for 24 hours.
3. “Season” the chalk area.
4. Write message.
Faux Marble Tray
Supplies: Cardboard tray, gray acrylic paint, gold acrylic paint, marble patterned contact paper, scissors.
1. Paint the tray gray.
2. Add gold paint around rim.
3. Cut contact paper and add to tray.
#1 Dad Heart Stepping Stone
Supplies: Milestones Premium Stepping Stone Mix, Heart Stepping Stone Mold, Sierra Pacific Crafts Glass Gems, and a Puddy Knife.
Stepping Stone Instructions
1. Following package instructions, combine mix and water.
2. Pour into mold and smooth with a puddy knife and jiggle from side to side to make mixture level.
3. Embed gems, pushing objects halfway down.
4. Write a message like “#1 Dad.”
5. Let the stone set for 24 hours and wait two weeks before walking on it.
Faux Wood Frame
Supplies: cardboard frame, black acrylic paint, wood patterned contact paper and scissors.
1. Paint the frame back.
2. Cut contact paper to fit the frame.
3. Add contact paper to the frame.