Time to put all those lovely presents in their proper places and get organized! And if your organizers are free (and cute) it’s even better! This project uses castaways from your recycle bin and things you already have in your home.
Ideas for Supplies: Empty oatmeal, coffee or nut containers. An old sweater, scrapbook paper, contact paper or wallpaper. Doubled sided tape or strong multipurpose glue. Random embellishments including buttons and stickers. Number stickers and punches to make tags. Ribbon or twine. A ruler, and paper trimmer or scissors.
1. Rummage threw your recycling bin for some usable containers and clean them up. Gather your supplies, including a ripped, torn or too-small sweater
2. To wrap a tin in sweater material, measure the length you need to cover it and cut the cuff etc off one arm of the sweater using glue to secure. Embellish.
3. To cover a container in scrapbook paper, measure the length of the space you need to cover and trim your paper to that size. Attach using double-sided tape or glue. Add thinner strips of coordinating paper or other embellishments.
4. To cover a small coffee tin, use contact paper or fabRips. Trim to size and gently stick on container, going slowly to prevent air bubbles
5. Use paper punches to create tags and affix number stickers. Punch hole in tags and use twine to secure on container
6. Fill your cute containers with stuff you need to keep handy
7. Congratulate yourself on a completing a fast, fun and free(!) project
andrea cammarata says
so fabulous!!!! organizing in on my list of projects — have a few ideas but now i have ever more to add! thanks so much for sharing there is nothing i love more than a nut can wearing a sweater!!!! now you gotta love that!!!!! by the way my friend — my trifle was SPARKLING because of you! sending tons of holiday hugs…
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog says
Cute ideas! I am totally in organization mode this week every year. Getting ready to start the new year with a clean slate. Happy Holidays!
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog
Maria Matter says
love the sweater idea!!
Thanks for sharing Malia!
hugs & blessings
Rebecca Cooper says
super cute ideas Malia! thanks for linking up this week. :) Hope you enjoyed a beautiful Christmas! Rebecca
Christina at I Gotta Create! says
YAY! I LOVE these! A great recycle-upcycle.
Shannah @ Just Us Four says
These are so cute! What a great idea on an easy and stylish way to get organized.
Lindsi B says
oh these are amazing!!! I adore them! Would you please share these with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? https://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-4-3-weeks-long-for.html
Jenn/Rook No. 17 says
Malia, I love all these clever upcycling ideas, especially the sweater one!
Thank you so much for being a part of “A Little Birdie Told Me…” Tuesday at Rook No. 17! I can’t wait to see what you’ll bring to the share-nest tomorrow!
Happy New Year!