Bacon Blue Cheese Burger Casserole
Hi Friends! How was your week? We just finished the first week of school here, and all is want to say is WHOA! With new teachers, both kids in soccer (two different teams that practice on opposite sides of town), dance lessons, tutoring and music class… the last thing I want to think about is “What should I make for dinner?”
I want to serve up something warm and comforting to my family… that everyone will eat! My easy fix? Use Country Crock Spread to whip up a yummy casserole!
My family loves to eat Bacon Blue Cheese Burgers… but you don’t need a grill to enjoy these delicious flavors. Note: to keep his flavorful and healthy, I use Country Crock, low fat ground beef and low sodium beef broth.
Here’s why I feel great about Country Crock Spread:
Zero grams trans fat per serving
Contains no partially hydrogenated oils
Has no cholesterol
70% less fat than butter per serving
30% fewer calories than butter per serving
Bacon Blue Cheese Burger Casserole Featuring Country Crock
Ingredients: 1/2 cup Country Crock
1 lb of lean ground beef
8 slices of bacon
2 cups of low sodium beef stock
2 cups diced onion
1 cup diced green pepper
4 tbs of flour
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese crumbles
1/2 cup italian breadcrumbs
1. Preheat over to 400
2. Coat a 11 x 7 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside
3. Melt 1/2 cup of Country Crock in a large saucepan. Add two cups of diced onion and cook for for two minutes. Add one cup of diced green pepper and and cook for three more minutes.
4. Add the flour to vegetable mixture and cook for two minutes, stirring.
5. Add the low sodium beef broth and let it simmer for five minutes.
6. While the veggies and broth are simmering, brown the ground beef
7. And cook the bacon, tearing into small pieces
8. Add the hamburger and bacon to the veggies… MMM…and let mixture combine/simmer for five minutes
9. Pour into casserole dish.
10. Combine 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles in small bowl and sprinkle on top of casserole
11. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.