Crab Wonton Recipe
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… for entertaining! But it can also be less than relaxing.
I’m excited to be part of the solution to holiday entertaining stress. I’ve teamed up with some other fun bloggers for the Holiday Cocktail Party Blog Hop. I’m sharing one of the all-time great recipes from my childhood: Crispy Crab Wontons! My mom used to make these special hors d’oeuvres for our beloved family and friends.
Ingredients for Wontons: 1/4 lb. crab meat, one cube of cream cheese (softened), 4 stalks of green onion (finely chopped), a dash of Worcestshire, a cumin, a package of Twin Dragons Won Ton Wrappers. You’ll also need an electric fryer and vegetable oil.
Ingredients for Dipping Sauce: 1/4 cup of dry mustard, 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
Crispy Crab Wonton Recipe
1. Set the electric fryer on “high” and vegetable oil in, enough so there’s about an inch in the bottom.
2. Chop up the green onions
3. In a small bowl, mix the crab meat, cream cheese and chopped onions.
3. Add a few dashes of cumin
4. Mix all the ingredients well
5. Spread out the wonton wrappers and place a spoonful of the crab mixture in the middle.
6. Dip finger in water and go around two edges of the wonton
7. Fold wonton wrapper together to make a triangle
8. Bring corners together
9. Fry wontons for about five minutes or until golden brown
10. Place wontons on a paper towel
Mustard Dipping Sauce (Spicy)
1. Mix the dry mustard with water to make a paste
2. Add the soy sauce and mix well with a fork
If you and your guests prefer a milder sauce, just serve with soy sauce
Here’s a list of the Participating Bloggers for the Holiday Cocktail Party
Domestic Superhero – Just Us Four – The Blue Eyed Dove – Sweet Pea – Glued To My Crafts – Patricia Eales Nutrition – Lemons and Laughs – Cupcakes&Crowbars – Sowdering About – Vegetarian Gourmet – Yesterday on Tuesday – Mom Home Guide – My Craftily Ever After – The Love Nerds – One Krieger Chick – Kenarry: Ideas for the Home – A Dish of Daily Life
Cocktails & Mocktails
Desserts & Sweet Treats
Major Hoff Takes A Wife – This Is The Life I Have Chosen – Crazy for Crust – Sypsie Designs – DIYfaerie – Little Blog on the Homestead – Living Better Together – Laura’s INKlings – Life Made Sweeter – Tried & True – FrugElegance – Play. Party. Pin.
Look for an amazing round-up post coming soon!