Fingerprint Flower Pot
Moms love handmade gifts on Mother’s Day, and this Fingerprint Flower truly is handmade or at least “finger made”! Kids will have a blast making cute fingerprint critters and mom will enjoy this lasting remainder of her little one’s darling little hands forever.
Supplies: Flower Pot and saucer, white acrylic paint (I used DecoArt Snow White), various shades of DecoArt Acrylic Paint including Ultra Blue Deep, Citron Green, True Red, Orange, Festive Green,Vivid Violet, Primary Yellow and Bahama Blue. You’ll also need black acrylic paint, a foam brush, a sponge, and a medium brush, a fine brush as well as a chalkboard sign and chalk pen. All supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Using the foam brush, paint the flower pot and saucer white and let them dry. This may take 2-3 coats.
2. With the medium brush and green paint, make grass and flower stems on the bottom of the pot.
3. Dip the sponge in Bahama Blue and gently apply to make the sky.
4. Using little (kid’s) fingers, make flowers, bugs, frog and butterfly shapes, using the photo above as a guide.
5. After the basic shapes have dried, add detail with a thin brush and black paint.
6. Add a flower or plant to the pot and make a little sign “Mom, Your Love Helps Us Grow.”
More Fun Flower Pot Projects