Catch these ideas LIVE on KOMO Monday September 28th at 4pm
Pretty Fall Decor Ideas
It’s officially fall and the perfect time to add some autumn touches to your home. Here are some simple and pretty ideas!
Materials: Wicker Pumpkin, ribbons (one wide one thin both measuring 1 1/2 yards), 6″ of wire, faux leaves and berries, lights and hot glue. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Make a bow (directions below)
– Layer thin ribbon on top pf thick ribbon. Loop ribbon back and forth (twisting in the middle after each loop, if ribbon is single sided).
– Wrap a wire or chenille stem around the middle and twist.
– Fan out ribbon and fluff
2. Add the lights inside the pumpkin
3. Glue faux leaves and berries on top.
4. Add bow on top.
Materials: 3 glass hurricanes , sand, 3 battery operated tea lights, wash tape in fall colors, raffia and a wooden tray. Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint in Cameo, Inheritance and Enchanted. You’ll also need 3 fall leaves cut out of vinyl. But a pieces a vinyl and take it to the die cut center at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames to make leaves. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Affix a leave on a glass hurricane.
2. Paint over the entire hurricane with paint and let it dry. It make take 2-3 coats to achieve the look.
3. Remove the vinyl leaf.
4. Add wash tape to a tea light.
5. Pour sand into hurricane and place tea light inside.
6. Tie a piece of raffia around the top of hurricane.
7. Repeat steps for next 2 candles.
8. Place candles on wooden tray.
Materials: Small glass lamp, faux leaves or small filler, candle and ribbon. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Simply add faux leaves inside glass, add a candle and ribbon.
Materials: metal wagon, 2 wooden blocks, brown acrylic paint, 3 faux candles, 3 faux pumpkins, faux branch of leaves, moss and hot glue. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Paint wooden blocks brown.
2. Glue moss on candles.
3. Add branch through holes on wagon.
4. Arrange pumpkins, blocks and candles in wagon.
Materials: (1) 18″ x 22″ fat quarter (makes on pumpkin), 1/3 cup of polly pellets or micro beads, scrap of polyfill stuffing, needle and thread, glue and cinnamon stick for the stem. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Cut an 8″ circle for a template. Cut one 8″ circle from the fat quarter.
2. Run a basting stitch around the perimeter (1/4″) of the 8″ circle and gather slightly. Fill with a cotton ball size of polyfill and about a 1/4 cup of polly pellets.
3. Insert the cinnamon stick and gather slightly. Tie a knot to secure.
Materials: Package of HOME letters, scrapbook paper (looks like white painted planks), light brown acrylic paint, white acrylic paint, wooden discs, pinecones, foliage, multi-colored yarn, twine, ribbon and hot glue. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
H: Using the photo as a guide paint half the “H” light brown. Glue wooden discs and tie a ribbon around it.
O: Use the “O” as a template to trace on the scrapbook paper (design side down). Cut it out and glue to the O with Mod Podge. Add wooden discs and foliage.
M: Wrap yarn around the “M” and glue on wooden leaves.
E: Wrap and glue twine around middle of “E” and add wooden leaf.
Materials: Drawer, florist’s foam, faux candles, and a box of fall “scatter” including faux pine cones, nuts and orange slices. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Add foam inside drawer, add candles and scatter.