Patriotic Stacked Star Cakes
A star shaped cookie cutter + a fun frosting trick makes these Patriotic Stacked Star Cakes a crowd-pleasing treat!
This recipe makes a big batch so you can share!
Supplies: Three 9 x 13 cakes (one white, one strawberry and one vanilla tinted blue), a can of fluffy white frosting, a star cookie cutter, and sprinkles. This recipe makes a dozen stacked stars.
1. Use cookie cutter to cut out star shapes.
2. With a serrated knife, slice stars in half. Continue with all three cakes. You’ll be able to punch about six stars out of every cake, cut them in half and you’ll have twelve.
3. Stack the stars red, white and then blue.
4. Mix up some red, white and blue sprinkles with gold balls and anything else you happen to have that works.
5. Put the frosting in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir.
6. Pour the frosting over the stacked stars.
7. Y-U-M! Enjoy.