A special hello to KOMO viewers… thanks for stopping by!
Easter is less than a week away, so for today’s “DIY Diva” segment I’m sharing some “egg-cellent” egg ideas. Here are seven easy ways to decorate Easter eggs, my Mom’s delicious recipe for Deviled Eggs, a simple yet stunning Easter egg cupcake idea and a free set of egg-inspired Easter Party Printables!
7 Easy Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
1. Tissue Paper and Mod Podge: Use Easter or spring themed paper punches to create shapes out of tissue paper. Adhere to egg using a small paintbrush and Mod Podge.
2. Flower Stickers and 3. Bling: Hit your local craft store to score pretty 3-D flower stickers and adhesive rhinestones.
4. Adhesive Paper: Another great craft store find is adhesive paper. The brand I used is called Paper Accents and you get three 8 1/2 x 11 sheers for about four dollars. Use paper punches to create shapes and cut paper tape to make “grass.” Adorn with some stick on rhinestones.
5. Washi Tape: Patterned washi (paper) tape is easy to work with and makes for colorful eggs. Just cut pieces of tape and stick them to eggs… instant Easter cuteness! Washi tape is available at local craft stores and online.
6. Monogrammed Eggs: Here’s another goof-proof egg decorating idea… letter stickers! Punch circles out of tissue paper and adhere to eggs with Mod Podge. Add single letter stickers and embellish with a little bling.
7. Glue Dots and Glitter: Glue Dots are small adhesive dots, available at office supply and craft stores. Stick a bunch of glue dots on an egg and then sprinkle fine glitter on top. So chic and so simple.
After the Easter egg hunt is over, what do you do with all those eggs? Make Deviled Eggs of course!
Here is my Mom’s recipe for yummy Deviled Eggs:
Eve’s Deviled Egg Recipe
Hard boil, peel, and halve six extra large eggs
In a small mixing bowl, combine the yolks, 3 tbs mayonaise and ¼ tsp of seasoned rice wine vinegar (This makes it smooth)
Add salt and pepper to taste
Mix thoroughly and stuff egg white cups
Garnish with parsley or dill
Makes 12 Deviled Eggs
After the Easter feast is over, indulge your guests with these sweet treats!
Easy Egg Cupcakes
Ingredients: Cupcakes frosted with green frosting, Kraft Jet-Puffed Jumbo EggMallows (available in the marshmallow section in stores including Target), Wilton Candy Melts in Pink, Writing Icing in Pastel Colors and Sprinkles.
1. Follow package instructions to melt half of the candy melts in microwave. (Do 2 separate batches, the melts harden quickly).
2. Dip 20 Jumbo EggMallows into melted candy melts. Add sprinkles or let them set (about 20 minutes) and make designs with writing icing.
3. Place on cake pop sticks and add to cupcakes.
1 package of melts can cover about 40 Jumbo EggMallows.
Free Easter Party Printables
Put the finishing touches on your Easter celebration with this free set of Easter Party Printables designed for me by Printabelle.
Included in the MEGA Set of 23 printable sheets:
Frame-worthy Easter Art in Lilac, Mint, Yellow and Pink
Bunny Ear Props in Lilac, Mint, Yellow and Pink
BIG Happy Easter Banner
Mini Happy Easter Banner
Egg-citing Coloring Sheet for Kids
1. Click this link
2. Choose on the printable you want
3. Click “Actions” in the upper left hand corner
4. Scroll down to “View All Sizes”
5. Select the “Large” size and save to your computer