Valentine’s Day Popcorn
Here’s a spin on the traditional box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day! It’s the packaging that makes this treat look so cute, especially the tag.
Or as a darling tag:
I thought they’d be perfect for my Valentine’s Day Popcorn recipe.
3 cups of popped popcorn
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup of butter)
1 cup of sugar
6 tablespoons of Light Corn Syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
10 drops of red food coloring
Valentine sprinkles or nonpareils
1. Preheat oven to 250 and spray two cookie sheets with Pam or other cooking spray
2. Pop 4 quarts of popcorn. Helpful tip: There are 4 cups in every quart, so 4 quarts is = 12 cups. Place popcorn in a large bowl.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar, the corn syrup and a pinch of salt. Let it come to a boil (keep stirring).
4. Bring the heat down and continue stirring for five more minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and food coloring. Stir well.
6. Pour mixture over popcorn and combine well.
7. Next add the Valentine’s Day sprinkles and/or nonpareils.
YUM! Add that cute tag and you are done.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
More Valentine’s Day Ideas
Link to >>> Valentine’s Day Project Gallery