Fixer Upper Style Distressed Candle Holder
Want a little of the Chip and Jo magic but can’t make it to Waco… then this Fixer Upper Style Distressed Candle Holder is the project for you!
This is an easy decor item to make … first go grab an old kitchen sponge. Yes that’s right, a kitchen sponge! It’s the secret ingredient to making things like old and distressed.
Materials: medium and small flower pots (make sure the smaller pot fits inside the larger one with room to spare), small faux succulents, sand, a large white candle, Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint in Everlasting (white) and Serene (blue), making tape and a sponge style paintbrush. Get the goods at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Kirkland.
1. Lightly dip the sponge into the white paint and apply to medium flower pot.
You don’t need to cover the whole surface, you just want it to look distressed.
2. After the white paint dries, add a light layer of blue.
3. Use masking tape to tape off the “holes” on the bottom of the pots.
4. Add sand to the larger pot and place the smaller pot inside. Add sand around between the pots.
5. Add faux succulents to the space between the pots.
6. Pour some sand in the smaller flower pot and add the candle.