Catch these ideas live on KOMO-TV Monday February 9th at 4pm
Valentine’s Day Decor and Gift Ideas
Square Photo Frame
Supplies: 12″ x 12″ wooden frame, pink acrylic paint, 3 or 4 patterned scrapbook papers, 1 solid paper, 3-5 photos trimmed to 4″ x 4″, 1 4″ x 4″ vinyl saying, paper trimmer or scissors, double stick tape and a 12″ x 12″ piece of card stock. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Use a 12″ x 12″ piece of card stock as you base (you’ll adhere the other pieces to the base)
2. Cut several 4″ x 4″ squares from the patterned papers
3. Play with arranging the photos and paper in an arrangement you like, leaving the middle square blank. You should end up with 3 squares across and 3 squares down.
4. Cut a 4.25″ x 4.25″ square from the coordinating paper. Tape onto the center of the squares.
7. Put back in the frame.
8. Apply vinyl phrase to the middle of the frame, on top of the glass. Make sure it’s centered on the 4.25″ x 4.25″.
Happy in Love Sign
Supplies: Plain “Happy,” gold spray paint, Mod Podge, painter’s tape, gold glitter, a die cut “love” from the Die Cut center, letter stickers for the “in” and coordinating ribbon. You’ll also need a paintbrush and glue or glue dots. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Spray paint the “Happy” sign gold
2. Using the painters’s tape, tape straight across the word.
3. Apply Mod Podge and then gold glitter (letter by letter).
4. Add the “in” stickers and “love” die cut.
5. Tie on a coordinating ribbon.
Glitter Conversation Hearts
Supplies: Heart Shaped Craft Glass Ornaments, Beacon Glitter-It, various colors of glitter, Darice Stickerz red letter stickers. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Remove the silver cap on the ornament and set aside.
2. Pour Beacon Glitter-It inside the ornament, placing a finger over the opening swirl around inside inside of ornament is coated and pour out excess.
3. Add glitter to inside of ornament. Placing finger over opening, swirl glitter around until inside is covered. Pour out extra glitter.
4. Replace silver cap on the ornament.
5. Use the red stickers to spell out phrases commonly found on conversation hearts.
6. Hang and enjoy.
Heart Mason Jar
Supplies: Spray paint in a bright color,a Mason Jars, a heart template if you have one (or you can hand draw), ribbon, pink cardstock, red stickers or a red pen, and a big bag of conversation hearts. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Step 1: Cut hearts out of vinyl.
Step 2: Apply the vinyl to the jars.
Step 3: Spray paint the jar (may take a few coats).
Step 4: Remove the vinyl.
Step 5: Add ribbon and candy.
Step 6: Cut tags out of pink cardstock and spell out words resemble the messages on conversation hearts.
DIY Candy Hearts
Supplies: Wilton Petite Treat Mold, Package of Wilton Candy Melts in Pink, Wilton Sprinkles and Valentine’s Day themed cupcake liners. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Following package instructions, melt the candy in the microwave (I like to microwave in candy in one minute increments until the chocolate is melted).
2. Pour the chocolate into the mold.
3. Add the sprinkles on the candy.
4. Put the chocolate in the fridge and let it set.
5. Remove and heart chocolate add to cupcake liners.
“I Love You” Centerpiece
Supplies: Metallic cylinders, “I Love You” vinyl, red heart lights, red half crystals and a white wooden tray. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Apply one vinyl word to each of the cylinders “I, Love, and You.”
2. Drape heart lights inside the cylinders.
3. Place cylinders on wooden tray and sprinkle the crystals around them.