National Thrift Store Day: Chair Revamp
Hi Friends! Do you shop at thrift stores? I have scored some of my favorite things at my local thrift shops. Today is National Thrift Store Day (yay!) and to celebrate, some friends and I are participating in a inspiring blog hop. You can catch all the info about the hop below.
For my project, I decided to tackle a chair revamp.
I found this chair at my local Value Village. The price was $6.99 but I had a 30% coupon so it was a good deal. It wasn’t in terrible shape but with a boring cushion and a plain metal frame, it wasn’t anything to write home about either.
In addition to the boring color, the cushion had an icky mystery stain on it. Yuck! I was psyched to give this chair a revamp.
Supplies: DecoArt Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint and Creme Wax, a paint brush and a brush for the wax (you could also use a rag), a screwdriver, a staple gun and some fabric.
1. Using the screwdriver, I removed the cushion.
Luckily, the screws and the metal base were in good shape and it was a cinch to get the cushion off.
2. Next I folded the fabric around the cushion.
3. My piece of fabric happened to be a big square to I just pulled it and messed with it until the image looked even.
4. Then I stapled it down.
5. Meanwhile, I painted the chair black (it took a few coats to get all the nooks and crannies).
6. Next I applied the wax and rubbed it in. It gave the piece a pretty sheen.
7. Then it was time to screw the cushion back on the chair.
8. That’s all there was to it! This is an easy weekend project.
Catch all the Thrift Store action!
Here are all the participating blogs. Swing by to see the amazing transformations they did on their thrift store finds!