DIY Doily Baskets
Da-da-da-da… here comes wedding season! This is one of those super cool and simple projects that will leave you grabbing a bottle of Stiffy (fabric softener) to see all the cool things you can make with it.
Supplies: Various sizes of crocheted doilies, Stiffy, glass cylinders or bowls (that work with sizes of doilies), foam brush, paper plate or wax paper. You might also want to grab a white chenille stem and some ribbon. Add materials available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Turn the cylinder or bowl upside down and brush Stiffy on it.
2. Drape the doily over it and smooth it out, adding another layer of Stiffy on top. If you’re wanting a tighter basket, fasten a rubber band around the doily.
3. Let it dry overnight.
4. Carefully remove the dolly.
5. If you’d like a handle, add a chenille stem and wind ribbon around it, then make a bow.
6. If not, loop a piece of ribbon through the lace and secure with a bow.
Don’t Miss This Giveaway!
Enter to win this book!