Sensational Seahawks Projects
It’s Hawks Season… time to get ready for cheering on our Seahawks! Whether you’re hosting a party, walking your dog, or even just showing off your pride at work– I’ve got tons of Sensational Seahawks Ideas for you!
Materials: Dishtowel, 3 yards of 1″ grosgrain ribbon, 1/3 yard (directional fabric) or fat quarter for top and pocket, 1 yard of rickrack (optional), button embellishments. sewing machine and iron. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond. Apron idea courtesy of Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames.
1. Fold towel in half lengthwise to find the center
2. Open towel, then fold corners to the back side. The top of your apron should measure 9-1/2 inches and the angled sides should measure 13″. The space between the corners should measure about 1-1/2″. Press.
3. To make the decorative top, cut a piece of fabric 4-1/2″ x 16″ (or width of the towel plus 1″). Fold over 1/2″ top and bottom. Press. Stitch this unit to the top of your towel, keeping your stitching line 1/8″ away from the folded edge. Add rickrack if desired. Trim away the excess fabric.
4. Measure 2″ away from the angled pressed edge and trim away the excess fabric using pinking shears. Fold under raw edges 1/4″.
5. Stitch 1-1/2″ from the pressed edge to form casing for the ribbon. Thread ribbon through the casings.
6. To make the lower pocket, cut a piece of fabric 6-1/2″ x 20-1/2″ (or width of the towel plus 1″). Fold long edges over 1/4″ then again 1/4″. Press. Top stitch top edge. Add rickrack to top edge of desired.
7. Fold short edges and remaining long edges love 1/2″. Press. stitch pocket unit to bottom of towel stitching 1/8″ from folded edge. Divide into 3 equal sections and stitch to make pockets.
Hawks Party Goods
Grab Party Loaf Pans, Favor Bags and Popcorn Boxes in your favorite team colors and fill them up with goodies! Available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Materials: Cowbells, “12” vinyl and ribbons. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond
Directions: Following package instructions, adhere vinyl to bells. Add ribbon. Cheer on team (loudly)!
Materials: Various charms, seed bead necklaces and jump rings. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Directions: Use jewelry pliers to add jump rings to charms and slide them on necklaces.
You can find tons of fun fan bling to show off your 12th man (or woman) pride. Available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Materials: For the front: 1 fat quarter or 1/4 yard fabric or enough to cut fussy cut around a motif. For the back: 1 fat quarter or 1/4 yard of fabric. Batting: Warm and Natural craft size. Coaster Project idea by Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond
1. Cut four 5″ squares out of the front and back fabrics and batting. For fabric with motif cut 1/2″ larger.
2. Quilt the batting to the wrong side of the back fabric, if desired.
3. Sew back and from fabrics wrong sides together around the edges with a 1/4″ seam, leaving an opening for turning. If you don’t want to quilt the batting onto the back fabric then you with stitch squares together with the batting on the outside of one of the fabric squares.
4. Turn, press and stitch opening together.
5. Top stitch around coaster.
Grab a team colors knit kit and stay warm and cozy at the game! Available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Dogs like football too. Get a knitting kit for beginners and make Fido a Hawks Fan! Available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
12th Man Mug
Materials: Large mug, masking tape, 12th Man vinyl, Americana Decor Multi-Surface Paint in Chartreuse and Silver. All craft materials available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Use masking tape to section off bottom of mug.
2. Paint bottom of mug Chartreuse. It may take up to three coats, let paint dry completely before applying another coat.
2. Tape around handle and paint handle silver (same directions as above).
3. Apply 12th Man vinyl.