This post is sponsored by Parrot Uncle. All words and ideas are my own.
5 Ways to Add Light to Your Home
With the dark days of fall and winter upon us (hello pitch black at 4pm!) it’s the perfect time to consider adding more light around your home. There are many spots that can benefit from a well placed lighting fixture. Here are a few you many not have thought of.
1. Consider a Wall Sconce: We all tend to think about lamps or ceiling lights but indoor and outdoor wall lights aka sconces are also a wonderful way to lighten and brighten! I love this one– the Two Lights Vintage Style Iron Sconce. It has a vintage yet industrial look that’s so hot right now!
2. Pick a Pendant Light: I tend to think a pendant light belongs over a table and it does…. but it can also make a poorly lit hall feel warm and friendly. One of my faves is this Vintage Industrial Style Matte Black Iron Cage Pendant Light.
3. Place a Portable LED Light: Give your home an artisan feel and lighten up any room with this Hand Painted Blown Glass Orange Vase-shape LED Lamp. It’s a gorgeous work of art as well as a great source of light. Plus it’s easy to move it anywhere in the house.
4. Take it Outside: Another wonderful place to add more light is outdoors. There are many options when it comes to antique style outdoor lighting. This Modern Copper Based Wall Sconce with Lantern Shaped Glass Shade is so on trend. With so many people enjoying their outdoor living area all year long, this would be a lovely addition.
5. Choose a Chandelier: Sometimes getting better lighting means switching out the old for the new. I’m sort of in love for this 12 Lights Rustic Faux Antler Dining Room Chandelier. Note: the antlers are faux (phew!) This piece would bring rustic elegance to a dining area… as well some flattering light!