5 Ways to Make Spring Cleaning Fun
Spring is a great time to clear out the clutter and cobwebs and make your home sparkly clean. But spring cleaning doesn’t have to be a “chore”… it can be a blast! Here are 5 Ways to Make Spring Cleaning Fun.
1. Have a Sense of Humor: Life is messy and sometimes you just have to accept you’ll be dealing with the same “situation” again and again. That’s what I face with my dog Sophie.
Every day we take her on a walk to the park and every day she gets dirty. Filthy is actually a more accurate description.
Then she comes home and lies down on the carpet. It’s always the same place.
This is how it the carpet looks after Sophie has been hanging out there. There’s so much ground-in mud and dirt– it makes my carpet look terrible and my home seem messy.
This is where things got FUN for me! I grabbed my new BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Carpet Cleaner and the 2x Pet Stain & Odor Remover and go to work. These are must-haves for a home with pets. The BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Carpet Cleaner is perfect for any pet stain, big or small. It actually has two cleaning settings so you can customize your approach. There is the deep clean mode for tougher stains and the express clean mode, which makes your carpet look amazing (and dry) in just an hour. Just follow the directions that come with the BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Carpet Cleaner and you’ll be on your way to a clean carpet!
There are a ton of cleaning solution combos you can use for whatever type of stain you’re tackling.
2X Pet Stain & Odor Remover gets rid of pet stains and soils from carpet with patented odor-control technology.
Professional Pet Urine Eliminator Formula is the gold standard when it comes to getting rid of strong odors cause by urine.
Pet Oxy Boost Carpet Cleaning Formula Enhancer is designed to be used add-on to a base formula, permanently removes tough pet stairs. It contains Oxy.
They are all super easy to use. The 2x Pet Stain & Odor Remover and the Professional Pet Urine Eliminator Formulas don’t need mixing or diluting. You just open the bottle, put the the bottle on the Easy Fill Formula Cap and pour!
I did an express cleaning on that dirty spot, using the 2X Pet Stain & Odor Remover. The formula includes Scotchgard™ which is the perfect choice for pet spots and stains (that’s us!), as well as high traffic areas. It’s safe for your carpets and super effective.
Isn’t my “after” pretty amazing? I was able to remove all of the stains!
There are even more ways to make spring cleaning a joy!
2. Get the Kids Involved: It’s so important to teach your kids how to clean. Get your children involved in spring cleaning. They will learn important skills that they’ll use for a lifetime. Plus– it’s more fun when everyone pitches in.
3. Make it a Game: Speaking of the kiddos, one way to get them involved in the cleaning is to make it a game. I created this printable Cleaning BINGO Card to encourage my teen and tween to compete against each other to see who could get “BINGO” first. As soon as you accomplish three tasks in a row, you win. When my kids play this game, we all win!
If you’d like to play along too, just click on the link, save the Cleaning BINGO Card to your computer and print.
4. Dance While You Work: Crack up the tunes and dance with you work. I personally enjoy music from the 1980’s but today’s hits work well too. Having a beat to clean to make me feel more energized.
5. Be Silly: When you’re getting set to clean, make the mood around the house a silly one. Wearing a feather boa or a funny hat changes the vibe and makes everyone smile.
Go to BISSELL.com or check out retailers nationwide, including WalMart, to score the right BISSELL products for your spring cleaning!
What’s you best tip for making spring cleaning fun? Let me know in the comments!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Erin Sipes says
Cleaning Bingo – What a clever idea!
taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers says
Love the idea of making chores fun! Great tips.
You have so many great ideas for Spring cleaning. Thank your for the inspiration.
I love all these fun ideas especially the Bingo. It goes faster when cleaning is fun.
Amy Anderson says
Aww – I have a couple of pups that trash carpet too. This looks awesome! I need one!