5 Surprising MAC Hacks
I fell in love about twenty years ago… with a line of make-up! We’ve still a happy couple we’ve been together even since. The 1990’s was when I first discovered MAC. In those days it was a Canadian based company, with the letters M-A-C standing for Make-up Art Cosmetics. Using MAC products made me feel like I was some kind of beauty insider since I knew from my work a local TV station that REAL makeup artists aka “the cool kids” stocked MAC in their kits.
Since then, I’ve faithfully stayed true to the line. They are part of the Estee Lauder empire now, but they have retained their unique style and flair… and I feel like you get a lot of MAC for your money.
Here are a few tips/hacks I’ve gleaned from the MAC counter. Some are simple makeup application tips/hacks and others ways to save money.
5 Surprising MAC Hacks
1. Let there be HIGH Light: I learned this gem at the MAC counter. You don’t need to buy a white or bone shadow to create that coveted high light under your brow. Concealer is a great way to create that contrast with your eye shadow. Just make a thin line of concealer under the brow and blend.
2. Free Professional Makeup Application: Did you know that MAC not only offers free makeup application, they actually have quite a few options available. Walk in demos (based on if there’s an artist available) include Makeup in 10 Minutes and False Lash Application. They will actually trim, fit and position your lashes for you (which you bought at MAC of course).
If you’re a planner, you can also make a reservation for a One-on-One Makeup Application/Lesson OR a Group Application/Lesson. Wouldn’t that be a great idea for a group of teen girls hoping to get an age appropriate look? OR their moms, hoping to get a look highlighting their best features? Sign me up!
3. Flawless Lash Look: Here’s a neat hack having to do with false lashes. Apply a line of black eyeliner to the edge of faux eyelashes BEFORE applying a thin strip of glue on it. This helps “blend” your faux lashes into your real ones, giving you a more polished look.
4. Bust Makeup Dust: You’re right in the middle of creating the perfect smoky eye when you realize you’re also making a mini mountain of dust on your cheek. Resist the urge to swipe it away with your hand– you’ll be smearing it in. Instead, grab a piece of regular old tape, place it on the makeup dust and remove that extra pigment. All your other makeup will stay blissfully in place.
5. Fantastic Plastic Recycling: If you’re a fan of MAC cosmetics, you probably know about their recycling program. Bring in six lipstick containers (old, used and/or just unwanted) and get a new lipstick for free. But did you realize that any MAC project container with plastic in it also counts towards your “six”? So even that empty plastic container that held faux eyelashes or that plastic mascara package counts!