“I believe I can fly… ” well, not really, but if you make this Butterfly Terrarium, the butterflies will look like they can. And don’t get me wrong, I do wish I could fly!
Don’t these little guys look like they are launching into the air?
Materials: 6 Back of Critter Accents Butterflies, large glass “goblet”, small wooden stump, green floral wire, a pencil, small styrofoam ball, moss, hot glue, a small wooden stump and green acrylic paint (I used Desert Cactus from DecoArt). All these products are available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond. In fact, here’s a coupon for $5 off your next $20 purchase.
1. Paint the styrofoam ball green.
2. After the paint on the styrofoam ball is dry, use the glue to cover it with moss.
3. Snip off a piece of green floral wire and wind it around a pencil to give it a springy type shape.
4. Leave the end of the floral wire straight.
5. Clip a butterfly on each piece of wire (I used 3).
You can see where I’m going with all this…
5. Place the ball inside the glass container. Poke the straight part of the wire into the ball.
Magical flying butterflies!
6. Place it on a small wood stump.