Catch these ideas on KOMO 4 on Tuesday May 23rd at 4pm
Great Memorial Day Ideas
Next weekend marks the unofficial kick off to summer… here are some Great Memorial Day Ideas for adding some red, white and blue into your home!
You can find all these fun projects at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Supplies: America sign, navy blue paint, red paint, and white paint pen.
1. Paint the America sign blue.
2. Paint the side red.
3. Write Life, Liberty and Happiness on sign.
4. Add stars.
Supplies: 6″ embroidery hoop, various red, white and blue tulle, ribbons and cords, scissors.
1. Cut the ribbons to 1.5 yards (long pieces) and 24 ” long (short pieces).
2. Tie pieces on hoop.
3. Hang and enjoy!
Sparkling Star Treats
Supplies: 6 cups of Crispy Rise Cereal, 4 cups of miniature marshmallows, 3 tablespoons of butter (from grocery store) star cookie cutter, White Wilton Candy Melts, Gold Shimmer Sugar (from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames).
1. Following package instructions to make treats.
2. Cut star shapes with cookie cutter.
3. Following package instructions to melt white candy melts.
4. Drizzle on top of stars.
5. Sprinkle gold sugar on top.
Supplies: Small birdhouse, light brown, blue, red, and white paint.
1. Paint the birdhouse light brown.
2. Using the photo as a guide, add detail. To make stars, dip paintbrush into white paint and “draw.”
Glittered USA Letters
Supplies: Cardboard letters, silver paint, Mod Podge, glitter.
1. Paint letters silver.
2. Add a coat of Mod Podge.
3. Add glitter.
Supplies: Blue and Red Wilton Candy Melts and lollipop sticks (from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames Redmond) jumbo marshmallows (from grocery store).
Follow package instructions to melt candy. Dip marshmallows. Slide on lollipop sticks.
Supplies: Star tray, red paint, sandpaper, glass gems, two white candles and ribbon.
1. Paint star red.
2. Gently sand around the edge.
3. Add glass gems.
4. Tie ribbons around candles (for presentation only) and add to tray.
Leave a Reply