Catch these ideas LIVE on KOMO TV Thursday July 31st at 4pm
Wonderful Washington Ideas
Summer is the perfect time to spruce up your decor and finding inspiration is easy when you live in beautiful Washington State! Here are some fun ideas to celebrate this amazing place we live.
Materials: Blue Metal Arrow Sign from Sierra Pacific Crafts, Chipboard Alphabet (uppercase) and two lowercase from Paper Accents, Americana Acrylic Paint in Saffron Yellow, Adhesive Diamante (bling) in 3MM and 4MM from Triveni Craft, and glue dots. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Paint the chipboard letters yellow (3-4 coats)
2. Adhere to arrow with glue dots.
3. Use adhesive stickers to add “bling” on sign, using photo as a guide.
4. Add remaining stickers to chipboard letters.
Framed State Decor
Materials: 8 x8 Frame from Sierra Pacific Crafts, Seattle themed scrapbook paper from Scrapbook Customs, blue glitter paper, glue dots and sticker heart. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Purchase the blue glitter paper and use the Die Cut Center at Ben Franklin for free to cut out the state of Washington.
2. Cut out an 8 x 8 inch piece of the themed scrapbook paper and add to frame.
3. Use glue dots to adhere state on glass.
4. Place heart sticker on “Seattle.”
Space Needle Art
Materials: Printed Dictionary page, 10 x 14 inch frame from Sierra Pacific Crafts and hot glue. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Directions: Using hot glue to attach dictionary page to burlap on frame.
State Tic Tac Toe
Materials: Wooden box with insert, Americana Acrylic Paint in Bright Green, white acrylic paint, Glass Drop from Sierra Pacific Crafts, 2 inch circle punch, 1 piece of 12 x 12 Lime Green and White Ribbon Stripe scrapbook paper from Canvas Corp, 1 piece of 12 x 12 inch Blush Double Dot Paper by Bo Bunny, Adhesive Corkboard Circles from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames, Mod Podge. Five pink and four white vinyl states from Decorating Your Life. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Paint all wooden items with white acrylic paint and let dry.
2. Paint wooden box green.
3. Punch 9 circles (5 from green striped paper and 4 from pink paper)
4. Brush Mod Podge on top of paper and adhere to glass drops.
5. Add cork board sticker on bottom of glass drops.
6. Following package instructions add states to top of drops (contrasting in color with paper)
7. Reassemble box and add glass drops/Tic Tac Toe pieces.
Materials: 12 x 12 inch frame from Sierra Pacific Crafts, 12 x 12 Washington State scrapbook paper by Stamping Station, Vinyl State and saying from Decorating Your Life. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Add paper to frame
2. Following package instructions, add vinyl to glass
Washington State Pendants
Materials for Dog Tag: Metal Dog Tag: WA state vinyl from Decorating Your Life, adhesive rhinestone, jump ring, ball chain necklace, credit card (for vinyl), needle nose pliers. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Remove backing from vinyl
2. Center vinyl and add to dog tag
3. Add rhinestone
4. Attach dog tag to chain with jump ring
Materials for Glass Tile: Paper, Royal Coat, Rectangular Glass Tile, WA state vinyl, adhesive rhinestone, bail chain necklace, brush, credit card (for vinyl), E6000 Glue and needle nose pliers. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Cut paper to for tile
2. Using Royal Coat, glue paper to tile and let dry
3. Remove back from vinyl, center it and using package instructions, add it to glass tile
4. Stick on rhinestone
5. Glue bail to tile
6. Slide on chain
Materials: Wood Plaque, nails, string, paint, string, and print out of shape or word. You’ll also need a hammer, scissors, paint brush and double sided tape. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Paint wood
2. Tape down print out with double sided tape
3. Hammer in nails evenly spaced, leaving most of the nail sticking out.
4. Tie string to one nail, them wrap string from one nail to the next until desired effect is achieved.
5. Tie off string.
Washington Vacation Album
This album size is PERFECT for all those Instagram photos!
Materials: Mini Album from Studio Gold by Teresa Collins for We R Memory Keepers, Die Cuts and Journaling Cards in Inked Rose from We R Memory Keepers, Letter stickers “Molly” from Bella Boulevard and adhesive pink rhinestones. All supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Directions: Place letter stickers and rhinestones on front of album. Add your own photos and memories using the Die Cuts and Journaling Cards.