Catch these ideas LIVE on Seattle’s KOMO TV 4 March 3rd at 4pm
Your local dollar store is a great place to find all sorts of items that are perfect for decluttering. With a few simple add-ons (of things you probably already have), you can transform your frugal finds into smart dollar store organizing solutions.
Smart Organizing Solution #1: Wire Rack to Jewelry Holder
2. Give the wood 3-4 coats of paint, allowing time for each coat to dry.
3. Screw rack onto wood.
4. Add stickers.
5. Hang your jewelry on the hooks for easy access.
Smart Organizing Solution #2: Napkin Holder to Desk Organizer
1. Gather a plastic napkin holder and a small picture frame from the dollar store. You’ll also need spray paint, acrylic paint , scrap paper, letter stickers and hot glue.
2. Spray paint the plastic napkin holder.
3. Paint the frame with acrylic paint (2-3 coats).
4. Remove the glass and back of frame.
5. Add scrap paper and letter stickers.
6. Use hot glue to attach frame to holder.
It’s great for holding coloring books or magazines!
Smart Organizing Solution #3: Desk Tray to Hair Accessories Tray
Repurpose a plastic desk tray into a chic Hair Accessories Tray. It’s got the perfect compartments to hold a brush, headbands, ponytail holders and more.
Smart Organizing Solution #4: Pizza Pan to Magnetic Memo Board
1. Pick up a metal pizza pan and a package of chip clips at the dollar store.
2. Use hot glue to fasten magnets to the back of the clips.
Smart Solution #5: Pie Tins to Tiered Tray
2. Spray paint the candle holder.
3. Glue the tins pans to the candle holder.
Smart Solution #6: Ice Cube Tray to Earring Organizer
Smart Solution #7: Cutting Board to Dry Erase Board
1. Snag a plastic cutting board, sticky note pad, die cut letters, stickers, rope and a dry erase marker from the dollar store.
2. Use die cut letters to make name, secure with tape.
3. Add sticky pad.
4. Place stickers on the top to decorate.
5. Loop rope through to make a hanger.
For more FABULOUS organizing and spring cleaning ideas, visit Hometalk, and use the hashtag #springcleaning.