DIY Garden Stone Mushroom
Let’s face it– mushrooms are adorable! You can make your own cement mushroom in just a few simple sets. Set it out in the garden, you never “gnome” who will might show up!
Supplies: Milestones Premium Stepping Stone Mix, cardboard mushroom, Americana Acrylic Paint in Raw Sienna, Santa Red and Snow, painter’s tape or masking tape and a spouncer (round brush to make the dots). You’ll also need a craft knife or X-Acto Knife. All materials available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Using the craft knife or X-Acto knife, cut the top off the cardboard mushroom.
2. Following package directions, mix up the cement and pour it in the mushroom “mold.” Let it sit for 24-48 hours.
3. When it’s totally dry, remove the cardboard.
4. Tape off the bottom and top of the mushroom.
5. Paint the top red.
6. After red paint is dry, retape the bottom and paint it brown.
7. Using the spouncer, create polka dots on the mushroom.
8. Spray with a sealant.
Garden Mark LLC says
Remarkable stuff!! I would like to use such kind of mushroom. Thanks for sharing the detail information on how to make stone mushroom.