Recycled Glass Jar Snow Globes
You know all those jars you end up with– they originally held salsa, tomato sauce, capers, spices or something else. Sure you could recycle them the traditional way, but why not recycle them into something festive and pretty?
With just a few supplies you can take them from this:
Here are the basics you’ll need.
Supplies: Jars, white spray paint, faux snow (the spray on kind) and vinyl. If you don’t have any vinyl handy, you could also use contact paper. You’ll also need some oval templates and scissors.
1. Trace oval shapes on the backside of the vinyl or contact paper and cut out. Place vinyl on jars.
2. Remove the lids and spray the jars white.
3. Spray the lids white.
4. After the spray paint dries, give the jars a coat of faux snow.
5. After the faux snow dries, gently remove the oval stickers.
6. To make the lids look “snowy” grab some Mod Podge and glitter.
7. Gently paint a thin layer of Mod Podge on the lid and sprinkle with glitter.
Now for the fun part! Collect whatever minis you have and place them in the jars. Dollar Tree has great miniatures as does Darice Crafts. Find them in your favorite craft store to shop online. Mini Glue Dots are a good way to keep everything in place. You’ll also want some faux snow.
8. Add figures, trees and snow to the jars.
Some ideas for what to put in the jars: trees, snowmen, reindeer, gifts, pom poms… anything tiny and cute!
It’s great fun, creating little snowy scenes.
I came across your post on Hometalk. I love these christmas scenes they look adorable, you have given me some great ideas for Christmas crafts. Thanks