I just love this month. There is so much to do, see and eat. Being at home with the people you love is pretty fun too. Here are a few ideas:
1. Go Ice Skating. If you live near Bellevue, Washington check out this seasonal ice skating rink.
2. Make popcorn balls.
3. Make a garland with construction paper. Use staples to save time. Instant cheer!
4. Tune to WARM 106.9 on your car radio. They play "Continuous Christmas Favorites". Belt out those holiday songs and enjoy embarrassing your kids passengers.
5. Speaking of music, find the words to your favorite holiday music and host a sing-a-long.
6. Get a peppermint mocha at Starbucks. If you can't get to Starbucks, make your own!
7. Enjoy some peppermint ice cream.
8. Pick up some Peppermint Bark (My favorite is from Williams Sonoma).
9. Need cute gift tags? Get some for free from Nordstrom. They also offer PDFs for two and three dimension birdhouses in festive holiday colors. Love that store!
10. Hannukah started on December 11th this year. I'll let you in on a little secret… Trader Joe's sells the most delish potato pancakes evah (in the frozen food section). Pick up some sour cream and apple sauce and you are set.
11. You can't celebrate Hannukah without playing the dreidel game.
12. Go downtown and enjoy the holiday decorations.
13. Stop at your neighborhood bakery. Get yourself a holiday treat. Pat yourself on the back for supporting a local business.
14. Ask your parents to pull out a handmade ornament you gave them as a child. Thank them for all the wonderful Christmases they gave you.
15. Tell Santa what's on your list. Be specific!
To be continued…
Leave a Reply