Dirty Rice Krispie Treats are a fun way to celebrate Earth Day tomorrow! Since my kids and I used up extra cereal, marshmallows (from Easter), and slightly stale Oreos, I feel like this dessert really does fit in with the idea of recycling that’s behind Earth Day. Your youngsters will enjoy putting this treat together with you– especially crushing the Oreos. I suggest placing them in a large plastic Ziploc bag and using a rolling pin to crush the cookies.
- 3 T of Butter
- 6 Cups of Rice Krispie Cereal
- 4 Cups of Marshallows
- 16 oz Ghirabelli Milk Chocolate Premium Baking Chips
- White Wilton Cookie Icing
- 12 crushed Oreo Cookies
- 12 Gummy Worms
- 10 x 10 inch square baking Pan sprayed with PAM
- Melt butter in a large saucepan
- Add marshmallows and stir with a rubber spatula until melted
- Add Rice Krispie cereal, stir well
- Pour into 10 x 10 inch square baking pan
- Let mixture set
- Melt milk chocolate baking chips in microwave, stirring at minute intervals until completely melted
- Pour melted chocolate on top of Rice Krispie mixture
- Add Oreo cookie crumbs
- Set aside for an hour to let the chocolate harden
- Cut into 12 equal pieces
- Make zig zag pattern on each treat with icing
- Add gummy worms
Happy Earth Day!
Monday: https://www.brassyapple.blogspot.gr/, https://sewcando.blogspot.com/,
Tuesday: https://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/, https://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/,
Wednesday: https://www.freeprettythingsforyou.com/, https://printabelle.com/,
Thursday: https://www.yesterdayontuesday.com/, https://answerischocolate.blogspot.com/,
Friday: https://www.504main.com/, https://romantichome.blogspot.com/,
https://tidymom.net/, https://www.shakentogetherlife.com/, https://joyfulstamper.blogspot.com/,
Saturday: https://www.itsoverflowing.com/, https://thirtyhandmadedays.com/,
What a great idea! I love them and they are just perfect for Earth Day!
Thank you so much for your nice comment. It makes me happy!
Yum! Going to pass this one on to all my teacher friends too!
Tara @ Suburble says
Oh, my girls would go NUTS for these! The name would sell it alone! :)
[email protected] says
Kids will love these for sure! I can’t get past the worm… lol!
Clydia @ Three Mango Seeds says
These look delish! Minus the worm of course! LOL XOXO
Janene @ The Bestest Ever says
I really like the use of the gummi worm. It gives it even dirtier look :) Nice little treat to try for the munchkins
Thank you Janene! Can’t go wrong with Oreo crumbs. Happy Mom’s Day!