Father’s Day is next weekend and if the kids haven’t had a chance yet to create anything special to honor Dad… don’t worry. There’s still plenty of time! Here are five fun, easy and FAST craft ideas perfect for kids of all ages (with some grown-up supervision of course!)
Catch these Father’s Day Gift Ideas live on KOMO-TV (channel 4) at 4 pm on June 10th.
Father’s Day Crafts for Kids
1. Bulletin Board Frame
Dad will adore this very manly bulletin/board frame. He can adorn the walls of his man cave or decorate his desk with it. And it’s simple to change out photos as the kiddos grow.
Supplies: Large Frame (it already comes with burlap), Mini Jumbo Sticks, Americana Acrylic Paint in Leaf Green, Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, small wooden letters, Therm-o-web 3D Foam Squares, Pebbles Party with Amy Locurto stickers, Paperhouse 3D Stickers (BBQ), double sided tape green cardstock and photos. Supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Bulletin Board Frame Instructions
1. Paint the Mini Jumbo Sticks green (I used 17).
2. Using double sided tape, adhere photos to cardstock and trim.
3. Glue the sticks to the bottom of the frame to make “grass.”
4. Using the 3-D Stickers, place mounted photos on board
5. After sticks dry, glue letters on top (spelling DAD)
5. Embellish with sun sticker from Pebbles sticker sheet and BBQ items from Paper House Sticker sheet.
2. 3-D Jumbo MugThis mug would be a fun “brag” piece for Dad at work or at home.
Supplies: Jumbo Mug, Americana 3D Opaque Gloss Enamels in Festive Green, True Blue and True Red. Pebeo Porcelaine China Paint in Anthracite Black and Marseille Yellow. Supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
3-D Jumbo Mug Instructions
1.Clean surface with rubbing alcohol
2. Draw sign with blue 3-D Gloss Enamel paint.
3. Write “Dad” and message inside sign with black Porcelaine pen (follow instructions on pen)
3. Add heart with red 3-D Gloss Enamel Paint
4. Draw “grass” with green 3-D Gloss Enamel Paint
5. Create flowers with both Poreclaine Pens and 3-D Gloss Enamel Paint
6. Follow package instructions to dry and bake
3. Candy Jar
Make this “sweet” gift to celebrate Dad.
Supplies: Large Glass Ball Jar, gold scrapbook paper, Jolee’s Boutique Dimensional Necktie Stickers, SandyLion Essentials Stickers, scissors, ruler, photo, double sided tape and candy. Supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Candy Jar Instructions
1. Measure a cute a piece of the gold paper 4″ x 5 1/2 “
2. Trim and add photo
3. Place Jolee’s Boutique Dimensional Necktie Stickers on photo
4. Place SandyLion Essentials Stickers (“Just Like My” and “Dad”) stickers on gold paper
5. Using double sided tape, adhere gold paper etc to jar
6. Fill with candy
4. Sailboat Frame
Show Dad how much you L-O-V-E him with this thoughtful gift.
Supplies: Chipboard Frame, Patterned Scrapbook Paper (Best Creation Inc Nautical Sailing), Mod Podge, Bottle Cap Inc Wood Alphabet Tiles, Therm-o-web 3D Foam Squares, Darice Washi Masking Tape, Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, X-Acto knife, scissors and photo. Supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Sailboat Frame Instructions
1. Brush Mod Podge on frame. Let it dry and cut around edges with the X-Acto knife.
2. Add Darice Washi Masking Tape around the edge
3. Cut small compass out of scrapbook paper and adhere with Therm-o-web 3D Foam Square
4. Create works with small wood alphabet tiles and glue to frame with craft glue
5. Add photo
5. Stepping Stone
Dad will remember how much you care each time he sees this “awesome” stepping stone.
Supplies: Milestones Premium Stepping Stone Mix, Milestones 8″ Stepping Stone Mold, Milestones Traditional Style Stone Stamps, Sierra Pacific Crafts Glass Gems, and a Puddy Knife. Supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Stepping Stone Instructions
1. Following package instructions, combine mix and water
2. Pour into mold and smooth with a puddy knife and jiggle from side to side to make mixture level
3. Embed gems, pushing objects halfway down
4. Use stone stamps to create message like “My Dad is Awesome”
5. Let the stone set for 24 hours and wait two weeks before walking on it
[email protected] says
Katherines Corner says
These are all terrific ideas. Our grandchildren made me stepping stones for Mothers day xo
Great ideas Malia! I love them all!
what fun ideas! I love helping my kids make homemade gifts!!!