10 Smart Uses for Clear Nail Polish
We all have a bottle of clear nail polish hiding in a bathroom drawer or cupboard. Don’t save it for the top coat only. There are many other cool things you can do with it! Think of it as a liquid laminator, a good stand in for glue (dab only), a great fabric protector and a way to keep rust at bay. This is part of my new series, Home Tips & Tricks Tuesday.
OK let’s get to those tips for ways to use clear nail polish.
Tips for Using Clear Nail Polish
1. Paint a metal pet tag with clear nail polish to prevent rust.
2. If a gem falls out of your faux jewelry, a dab of clear polish on the back will help keep it in place.
3. Tired of losing tiny buttons? Brush some some on the front of the button and it won’t come off!
4. Paint some clear nail polish on your nylons at the first sign of a run to stop it in it’s tracks.
5. A tiny bit of this see through substance on the end of a thread makes getting it through a needle a snap!
6. The titles on your plant markets will last much longer of you add a few coats of polish to them.
7. A touch of this bathroom drawer staple on a finished lego or model project can keep it in pristine condition.
8. Add a coat around the inside rim of a homemade glitter globe/snow globe to keep it sealed.
9. Dip the end of your shoelaces in the polish bottle to keep laces nice and neat.
10. Fix a doll dress disaster with a light coat of clear nail polish on the area that’s starting to come apart.
Sharing at Uncommon Designs, Craft-o-Maniac, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Kathe with an E, The Girl Creative, Domestically Speaking, Live Laugh Rowe, Thirty Handmade Days, Carolyn’s Homework, Tatertots and Jello, Shaken Together Life, Flamingo Toes, Food Folks and Fun, Little Miss Celebration and The Cards We Drew.