Healthy Vegetarian Chili Recipe & Easy Weeknight Meals
Hi Friends, I am so happy you’re joint me for the Easy Weeknight Meals Blog Hop! I am so psyched to get ideas for my own family dinners. I know there will be some amazing recipes to drool over.
Let’s talk healthy and hearty food shall we? A couple years ago, my dear Dad was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. His doctor told him that one of the things he should try to order to ease his symptoms was to cut dairy and meat out of his diet. Not an easy task! Luckily, my Mom (who is a great cook) starting coming up with tasty recipes for him. This is her Vegetarian Chili Recipe.
- 1 package of Life Smart Crumbles (original veggie protein crumbles)
- 2 cans of vegetable stock
- 3 cans of kidney beans (drained)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauces
- 1 can of corn
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set heat to medium.
- Spray a pot with cooking spray and add diced onions and peppers
- Add 2 cans of vegetable stock
- Add Life Smart Crumbles and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add drained kidney beans and corn
- Add can of diced tomatoes and can of tomato sauce and stir
- Add spices and bay leaves
- Simmer for 30 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Top with avocado and cheese substitute (if desired)
This is some yummy chili. You literally won’t miss the meat!
For MANY more Easy Weekend Meals, check out these posts! This awesome project was organized by Sarah from Becoming Martha. Love her work!
[…] Vegetarian Chili | Yesterday on Tuesday […]
[…] other great recipes to go off are Annie’s Eat’s vegetarian chili, Yesterday on Tuesday’s vegetarian chili, and if you eat meat, check out What’s Gaby Cooking’s Smoke Chipotle Chicken […]