Watch these ideas live on Seattle’s KOMO 4 Monday July 6th at 4pm
Beautiful Beachy Decor Projects
One of the best parts of summer is finding treasures on the beach and showing them off in your home! Whether you find some beautiful shells and starfish or pick them up at the craft store, here are some easy ways you can bring the beach inside.
Supplies: Shells, Americana Multi-Surface Metallic Paint in Gold and Silver, painter’s tape or masking tape. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
Directions: Tape off shells and apply several coats of metallic paint, letting each layer thoroughly dry.
Supplies: 12 x 12 Shadowbox, 12 x 12 foam core, three shades of blue acrylic paint (I used Americana brand in Bahama Blue, Indian Turquoise and Ocean Blue), a paintbrush, sand, small shells, large shells or starfish and netting (this is from US Shell). All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond
1. Paint three wide stripes of blue paint on the foam core.
2. Add rocks/small shells to the inside of the shadow box.
3. Place larger shells or starfish inside.
4. Drape the net over part of the foam core.
5. Reassemble the shadow box, using painted foam core as the back.
Supplies: Clear glass water jug, Krylon Seaglass Spraypaint in Aqua, hot glue, rope, starfish, netting, faux flowers, small driftwood and sand. All craft supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Spray paint the glass jug
2. Cut and add netting on the top of the jug.
3. Use hot glue to add the rope at the base.
4. Add some rope around the rim of the jug and glue starfish on.
5. Add sand and driftwood inside container.
6. Place faux flowers inside.
Supplies: Canvas, 4″ letters (die cut in vinyl in the Die Cut Center at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond), Americana Acrylic Paint in Snow, Ultra Blue and Oyster Beige, paintbrushes (foam and bristle) and a ruler. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Using the foam paintbrush, Paint the canvas with the Ultra Blue (it will take two coats).
2. Place LA MER letters on canvas. Use the ruler to make sure the letters are in a straight line.
3. Lightly paint over canvas with the Oyster Beige paint. You’ll want to use a paint brush with bristles for this step.
4. Using the bristle brush again, get some Snow paint on the brush then brush on scrap paper until there’s just a a little paint left on the brush.
5. Brush a thin layer of Snow all over the canvas.
6. Remove the vinyl letters.
Material: Glass bowl and candlestick holder, Krylon Seaglass Spray Paint in Aqua, E-6000 glue. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond
1. Spray paint the bowl and candlestick holder and let them dry.
2. Glue the two pieces together with E-6000.
Supplies: Blue Mason Jars, sand, wooden tray, faux beach grass, rope, shells, hot glue, and glass gems. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Wrap the rope around the rim of the jams, securing with hot glue.
2. Glue a shell on the front of the each jar.
3. Fill jars with sand and add beach grass.
4. Place jars on tray and sprinkle glass gems.
Supplies: Glass Block, stand, sand, vinyl from Vinyl Words, a starfish and ribbon. All craft supplies available at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Redmond.
1. Following instructions on package, add vinyl to front of glass block.
2. Fill with sand and add starfish or other shells.
3. Tie a ribbon on top.
4. Place in holder.
Kelly of Simply Kelly Designs says
Love all your ideas. My favorite is the shadow box. We live in Florida so my kids are always finding treasures at the beach.