Catch these ideas live on KOMO-TV 4 on Monday Oct 6th at 4pm
Jello Mold Halloween Wreath
I recently bought a glass jar full of old jello molds at a thrift store. I wasn’t sure at first what I was going to do with them… but I thought the small metal shapes were really interesting… and had the potential to be transformed into something cool.
The more I looked at the shapes, I realized that theyreminded me of pumpkins… so I decided to upcycle/recycle them into a pumpkin wreath!
Basic Supplies: A wire wreath form, 3″ thick burlap ribbon, old jello molds, two shades of orange spray paint, seam binding, floral wire, a bow or ribbon for bow, a jack-o-lantern punch, a circle punch, orange card stock , brown card stock, small leaves, hot glue, glue dots and brown chenille stems.
First… the jello molds.
1. Punch hold on opposite sides of each jello mold.
2. Spray paint the molds orange (I used two different shades of orange– one for each mold shape).
3. Fasten the bow on the wreath form. Use floral wire to attach a jello mold to the center of it.
4. Use wire or seam binding to tie the rest of the molds to the wreath.
5. Curl a chenille stem around a pencil to make the “stem”. Attach the stem a small leaf to make the mold look like a pumpkin.
6. Punch a jack-o-lantern face out of the brown card stock and glue to an orange circle (mine is 1 1/2 inches) of scrapbook paper Use a glue dot or two to add it to the jello molds.
Connect with Hometalk
I created this project for Hometalk! Are YOU hooked on Hometalk yet? It’s the largest home and garden social network. There are literally millions of homeowners and professionals who love sharing projects and answering questions. Visit Hometalk and use the hashtag #falldecor to find hundreds of inspiring fall projects.
If you like upcycled/recycled craft projects, check these out:
This turned out gorgeous! Love it!! What a great way to use the molds.
Thanks Michelle I truly appreciate your kind comment!
What a cute wreath!! I love how you used jello molds….so creative!!! Love it :)
Thanks sweet Crystal!
The wreath is great. I love it
Thanks so much Vanessa!
I meant to tell you too, I am stopping by from Kathe with an E link party. Have a lovely week and I enjoyed looking around your lovely blog.
It’s great to meet you!
This looks fabulous! Pinned. We couldn’t think of anyone better to party with! Thank you for stopping by. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. https://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls